Random failures when calling free()/malloc()

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Sun Jul 20 21:52:00 GMT 2003


Martin Schlemmer wrote:
> Check the very last mail I sent - its only when __STDC_ISO_10646__
> support is compiled into glib2, and only with the later versions
> of glibc.
> 
> I guess why its most obvious in glib, is because its about the only
> lib that do anything utf8 on my system.  And I guess why glib-1.2
> do not have issues, is because it do not properly support __STDC_ISO_10646__.
> 
> Question now - is it glib2, or glibc side that the problem lies ?  Or
> could it be due to just a setup problem my side ?  Anything that is
> critical for utf8 to work ?
> 
> In my last mail I did try to debug the crash extensively - please have
> a look.  If anything more is required, let me know - as I will try anything,
> but I have beaten my head against this wall for some time, so it could
> be that I am missing the obvious problem.

Yes, your last mail had lots of good info in it.

I'm afraid the best advice I have at this point is for you to try
to boil this down to a minimal test case that doesn't link in glib2.
You may be able to do this by copying and pasting the involved part
of glib2 to a test file.  If you can reproduce the problem with
no 3rd party libraries involved, we'll be a lot closer to figuring this out.
Take courage!
- Dan

-- 
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com
http://counter.li.org/cgi-bin/runscript/display-person.cgi?user=78045



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list