cvs build failure (x86, alpha, hppa...)
Kevin B. Hendricks
kevin.hendricks@sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 20 11:06:00 GMT 2003
Hi,
> I don't test LinuxThreads anymore, so this will happen more and more
> often. This time I fixed it but it's really a waste of time. Those
> architectures which are lacking nptl support better get working on
> designing the ABI, updating binutils, and writing the code.
Speaking of that... what is the status of support for ppc32? I have seen
lots and lots of patches go past but I am unsure of when or where the tool
changes are available.
I would defintely like to build and test the nptl support for ppc32 for
linux, so where should I find:
- the right binutils or a patch
- the right gcc version or a patch
- any required glibc patches
- is there a minimum kernel verison required - I heard a rumor
that someone (RedHat?) had backported needed changes to the 2.4.20 series
(are these patches available)?
Or are some of the required pieces still missing for ppc linux?
Thanks,
Kevin
More information about the Libc-alpha
mailing list