Default path for dynamic linker

Jakub Jelinek jakub@redhat.com
Mon Sep 9 08:50:00 GMT 2002


On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 05:43:42PM +0200, Robert Schwebel wrote:
> Hi, 
> 
> I have a problem while building a cross glibc for the ARM target.
> Several people seem to have the same problem according to Google, but I
> didn't find a solution. 
> 
> I compile my cross chain and glibc on my development host. On this
> machine things live in $PREFIX/arm-linux. Which means that I have to
> configure glibc with --prefix=$PREFIX; afterwards I can compile
> everything and make install works like desired. 
> 
> Now, when I copy the library and ld-linux.so to my embedded system
> target the latter one has it's default path compiled into the binary,
> coming from default-rpath in $GLIBC/Makeconfig as far as I can see. 
> 
> The problem is: is it possible to change the compiled in default path to
> /lib _without_ changing --prefix? Because if I change it to / I had to
> be extremely carefull not to run 'make install'. 

Why cannot you simply configure/build glibc with the default prefix
and use
make install_root=/foo/bar install
to install it?

	Jakub



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list