Unicode 3.2 support (6)
Anthony Fok
anthony@thizlinux.com
Thu May 16 19:53:00 GMT 2002
Dear all,
On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 02:40:53PM +0200, Bruno Haible wrote:
> Anthony Fok writes:
> > I guess calling it "BIG5-HKSCS-1999" is a misnomer.
> > In big5-iso.txt, the two are called:
> >
> > HKSCS-2001 in ISO/IEC 10646-1:2000
> > and
> > HKSCS-2001 in ISO/IEC 10646-2:2001
>
> So I'll call the first one (which corresponds to your
> big5hkscs-2001.c) "BIG5-HKSCS-INTERIM", and the second one
> "BIG5-HKSCS".
I just read Andrew's e-mail (thanks for your clarification, Andrew!).
Hhe would like to see that the names will help convey the idea that one
supports UCS-4 (beyond BMP) and the other one doesn't. So, how about
the following instead? :-)
"BIG5-HKSCS-UCS2" for "HKSCS-2001 in ISO/IEC 10646-1:2000"
"BIG5-HKSCS-UCS4" for "HKSCS-2001 in ISO/IEC 10646-2:2001"
and make the name "BIG5-HKSCS" an alias of "BIG5-HKSCS-UCS2" until
2004. Is that alright? :-)
BTW, I recommend using James' big5hkscs.c instead. His table is much more
compact, and the design is cleaner than mine too. The result of the
conversion is identical. :-)
Cheers,
Anthony
--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling
ThizLinux Laboratory <anthony@thizlinux.com> http://www.thizlinux.com/
Debian Chinese Project <foka@debian.org> http://www.debian.org/intl/zh/
Come visit Our Lady of Victory Camp! http://www.olvc.ab.ca/
More information about the Libc-alpha
mailing list