HAVE_HIDDEN doesnt always mean DONT_USE_BOOTSTRAP_MAP

Andreas Schwab schwab@suse.de
Mon Aug 26 13:39:00 GMT 2002


Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de> writes:

|> "Steve Munroe" <sjmunroe@us.ibm.com> writes:
|> 
|> > Ulrich Drepper wrote:
|> >
|> >> I think you've been told numerous times that using #ifs to test for
|> >> architectures is wrong.  Not only this, it's the single biggest sin.
|> >
|> > Ok I will use __WORDSIZE and HAVE_ASM_GLOBAL_DOT_NAME where appropriate.
|> > However I suspect that use of #ifdefs for architectures is not always a
|> > sin. Two examples come to mind:
|> >
|> >       ./stdlib/longlong.h
|> 
|> That one comes from libgmp and is copied.

GCC is also using a variant of it.  IMHO it would be nice if they could
be merged.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, schwab@suse.de
SuSE Linux AG, Deutschherrnstr. 15-19, D-90429 Nürnberg
Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list