FAQ table of contents tweak

Bruno Haible haible@ilog.fr
Fri Nov 3 07:25:00 GMT 2000


The FAQ table of contents contain spurious entries of the form
"Removed.  Does not apply anymore." which disturb the general layout
of the table of contents. Here is a fix to make them disappear from
the TOC.

Bruno


*** glibc-cvs/FAQ.in.bak	Wed Nov  1 15:02:47 2000
--- glibc-cvs/FAQ.in	Fri Nov  3 16:12:49 2000
***************
*** 487,493 ****
  	libc anymore?
  
  
! Removed.  Does not apply anymore.
  
  ??	When I use GNU libc on my Linux system by linking against
  	the libc.so which comes with glibc all I get is a core dump.
--- 487,493 ----
  	libc anymore?
  
  
! {} Removed.  Does not apply anymore.
  
  ??	When I use GNU libc on my Linux system by linking against
  	the libc.so which comes with glibc all I get is a core dump.
***************
*** 1321,1327 ****
  	the Perl db modules the testsuite is not passed.  This did not
  	happen with db-1, gdbm, or ndbm.
  
! Removed.  Does not apply anymore.
  
  ??	The pow() inline function I get when including <math.h> is broken.
  	I get segmentation faults when I run the program.
--- 1334,1340 ----
  	the Perl db modules the testsuite is not passed.  This did not
  	happen with db-1, gdbm, or ndbm.
  
! {} Removed.  Does not apply anymore.
  
  ??	The pow() inline function I get when including <math.h> is broken.
  	I get segmentation faults when I run the program.
***************
*** 1413,1419 ****
  ??	Programs compiled with glibc 2.1 can't read db files made with glibc
  	2.0.  What has changed that programs like rpm break?
  
! Removed.  Does not apply anymore.
  
  ??	Autoconf's AC_CHECK_FUNC macro reports that a function exists, but
  	when I try to use it, it always returns -1 and sets errno to ENOSYS.
--- 1426,1432 ----
  ??	Programs compiled with glibc 2.1 can't read db files made with glibc
  	2.0.  What has changed that programs like rpm break?
  
! {} Removed.  Does not apply anymore.
  
  ??	Autoconf's AC_CHECK_FUNC macro reports that a function exists, but
  	when I try to use it, it always returns -1 and sets errno to ENOSYS.
***************
*** 1525,1531 ****
  ??make	I've build make 3.77 against glibc 2.1 and now make gets
  	segmentation faults.
  
! Removed.  Does not apply anymore, use make 3.79 or newer.
  
  ??	Why do so many programs using math functions fail on my AlphaStation?
  
--- 1538,1544 ----
  ??make	I've build make 3.77 against glibc 2.1 and now make gets
  	segmentation faults.
  
! {} Removed.  Does not apply anymore, use make 3.79 or newer.
  
  ??	Why do so many programs using math functions fail on my AlphaStation?
  


More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list