testandset on powerpc

Franz Sirl Franz.Sirl-kernel@lauterbach.com
Fri Jul 21 17:30:00 GMT 2000


On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> >>>>> Andreas Jaeger writes:
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Franz Sirl writes:
>
> Franz> I have done a patch which defines IMPLEMENT_TAS_AS_CAS in
> powerpc/pt-machine.h and Franz> define testandset(p) to
> !__compare_and_swap(p,0,1) in spinlock.h then. I haven't sent it AJ> That
> sounds fine.  Please send the patch for review.
>
> Hi Franz,
>
> what happened to your fix?  Is it working?  In that case please send
> it soon to get ppc working again.

I finally found the main problem, Greg's bounded pointer work rendered 
sysdeps/powerpc/strchr.S unusable without bounded pointers. The build 
finishes now and make check passes nearly all tests. Since all the thread 
tests pass, I believe my threads patch is correct. For the rest of the 
failing tests I hopefully can take a look over the weekend.

Greg, my patch for strchr.S is probably not correct for the bounded pointer 
case, so please have a look again.

Franz.



More information about the Libc-alpha mailing list