Kawa and Google Summer of Code?

Per Bothner per@bothner.com
Mon Mar 11 18:05:00 GMT 2013


We're approaching this year's Google Summer of Code, and
we have to decide whether to participate again.  The issue
is whether we have mentors to help the students.  Last year
Jamison Hope, with some help from Helmut Eller and myself,
did a great job on mentoring Charles Turner with Common
Lisp improvements.  This year I will be moving, and have
some family complications, so I will again not be able
to be a primary mentor, though I can help out with advice.

Anyone want to mentor?  I think it's a good learning experience
for the mentor as well as the student!  If we join in, we
will most likely again do so under the GNU banner - they
will help out with coordination and practical matters.
We'll probably only get one student, though if we get
enough mentors we can apply for more.

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2013
http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/Ideas-and-tasks.html [needs some updating]
http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2013.html
-- 
	--Per Bothner
per@bothner.com   http://per.bothner.com/



More information about the Kawa mailing list