GSOC | Extending Common Lisp support

Per Bothner per@bothner.com
Tue Apr 24 23:11:00 GMT 2012


On 04/24/2012 03:57 PM, Charles Turner wrote:
> Might help if I could see the byte code
> being emitted before this error, but I'm not sure how to do that
> globally.

That could be an interesting and useful feature:
Being able to call ClassTypeWriter#print on the current class,
in when the latter is in an unfinished or even inconsistent state.
I haven't tried it - probably needs quite of bit of extra buttet-proofing
of the ClassTypeWriter code - perhaps even an extra mode.  (Printing out
the FIXUPs would also be useful.)

However, this is one where the learning curve might be steeper than
justified (depends on how much you want to learn about gnu.bytecode),
so it probably makes more sense for me to do.  Though if you want to
try it and see where it fails, you have my blessing.
-- 
	--Per Bothner
per@bothner.com   http://per.bothner.com/



More information about the Kawa mailing list