CL implementation questions

Jamison Hope jrh@theptrgroup.com
Sun Apr 1 03:05:00 GMT 2012


On Mar 31, 2012, at 4:25 PM, Charles Turner wrote:

> BTW - I plan on applying to Kawa for GSoC again this year, for the
> extension of CL support project. Is it OK to use the information in
> the back-and-forth we're having in my proposal, or is that considered
> "dirty pool".

It's fine with me if you (or anybody else) draw from discussions on this
list when crafting your proposal, as long as we can tell that you  
actually
understand what you're proposing and aren't just copying/pasting  
paragraphs
of text that Per or I wrote for the sake of increasing your word count.
(I'm saying that last bit for the benefit of any other potential  
applicants
reading this; I'm not worried about you specifically.)

Actually, I don't just think it's permissible, I think it's  
*important* for
you to take into account advice/opinions/suggestions that we've provided
here. It shows me that you've done your homework. If you disagree with  
some
suggestion or opinion that I've made, I'll think more highly of your  
proposal
if you specifically address my point and argue why it won't be a problem
than if you ignore it entirely.

-Jamie

--
Jamison Hope
The PTR Group
www.theptrgroup.com





More information about the Kawa mailing list