insight
Andrew Burgess
andrew.burgess@embecosm.com
Thu Jan 17 10:55:00 GMT 2019
* Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com> [2019-01-16 11:40:48 -0800]:
> On 1/10/19 1:58 AM, malaoba wrote:
> > Insight is a great GUI to GDB, but it is too old. the newest version is only 6.8-1,2009.
> > My gcc is 7.3, and the ELF file which is compiled by gcc 7.3 was not compatible with gdb 6.8.
> > I wonder how does the Insight work correctly with the newer GDB?
>
> Build from the repo. That's what Patrick and I do.
>
> $ git clone git://sourceware.org/git/insight.git
>
> Follow directions in the README.
The web page (https://sourceware.org/insight/downloads.php) seems to
have no mention of this repository. The patch below applied to the
old cvs repository might fix this...
I dropped all reference to "nightly snapshots" as the last one is from
2009, I also dropped the paragraph about GDB support tools as it
didn't seem helpful.
Once upon a time I did have CVS write access for binutils and GDB, so
I have no idea if I would be able to commit this or not. Happy to try
if that would be helpful though.
Thanks,
Andrew
--
Index: downloads.php
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvs/insight/htdocs/downloads.php,v
retrieving revision 1.7
diff -u -r1.7 downloads.php
--- downloads.php 29 Apr 2010 21:19:32 -0000 1.7
+++ downloads.php 17 Jan 2019 10:50:10 -0000
@@ -58,27 +58,10 @@
<tr><td align="left" valign="top">
<hr width="80%" align="center">
<b><font color="#CC0000" size="+1">Development version</font></b>
- <p>Get the very latest sources.</p>
- <b>ftp</b>: Download from the snapshots directory:
- <a href="ftp://sourceware.org/pub/insight/snapshots/">
- ftp://sourceware.org/pub/insight/snapshots/</a> or check the list
- of <a href="http://sourceware.org/mirrors.html">mirrors</a>.
- <br>
- <b>CVS</b>: Check out a read-only copy of the trunk of the GDB CVS
- repository:
+ <p>The latest sources are hosted in git:</p>
<blockquote>
- cvs -z9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@sourceware.org:/cvs/src login<br>
- [enter "anoncvs" as the password]<br>
- cvs -z9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@sourceware.org:/cvs/src co insight.<br>
+ git clone git://sourceware.org/git/insight.git<br>
</blockquote>
- <b>WWW</b>: Browse the current CVS repository files over the web
- with the <a href="http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/?cvsroot=src">CVSweb interface</a>.
-
- <p>
- Utilities often used when building gdb (such as texinfo and automake)
- are also available from the pub/gdb/infrastructure and pub/binutils
- directories.
- </p>
</td></tr>
</table>
</div>
More information about the Insight
mailing list