Crashes when "balloons" enabled

Keith Seitz keiths@redhat.com
Wed Apr 2 17:23:00 GMT 2008


gds wrote:

> They told me Insight has problems (paraphrasing!)

I find that very amusing. I'm actually glad that they stop recommending 
people use insight: I'm tired of being their support forum.


> diff -c -r1.1 ./insight-6.5/gdb/gdbtk/generic/gdbtk-varobj.c
> *** ./insight-6.5/gdb/gdbtk/generic/gdbtk-varobj.c      2007/07/14 
> 18:33:59     1.1
> --- ./insight-6.5/gdb/gdbtk/generic/gdbtk-varobj.c      2007/07/14 18:34:03
> ***************
> *** 599,606 ****
>   static void
>   install_variable (Tcl_Interp *interp, char *name)
>   {
> !   Tcl_CreateObjCommand (interp, name, variable_obj_command,
> !                       NULL, NULL);
>   }
> --- 599,606 ----
>   static void
>   install_variable (Tcl_Interp *interp, char *name)
>   {
> !   Tcl_CreateObjCommand (interp, name, gdbtk_call_wrapper,
> !                       (ClientData) variable_obj_command, NULL);
>   }
> 

This patch should not be necessary: varobj should NEVER longjmp. It was 
designed that way.

BTW, all those other patches are against GDB, not insight. I'm afraid I 
still don't understand what your procedure for producing this bug is. 
Can you restate it, AND BE CONCISE. (ie., 1. Load this, 2. click this, 
3. click that). The more detail you give me, the better off I'll be when 
I attempt to reproduce this here.

My guess is you've tickled a bug in GDB's varobj system. But it could be 
an unknown bug with insight (like not erasing varobjs when needed).

Keith



More information about the Insight mailing list