Crashes when "balloons" enabled

gds gds@chartertn.net
Wed Apr 2 15:52:00 GMT 2008


Doug,
I found this patch from your previous thread "Unwinding TCL Stack" and 
applied it to 6.6.  Unfortunately it seems to just disable the balloon 
effects entirely, for me.
These type of problems might be why Macraigor only supports gdb in 
Eclipse now (just on windows). They told me Insight has problems 
(paraphrasing!) but I didn't believe them since I used it several years 
ago with PPC  with their debugger with absolutely no problems. Not sure 
what version I used (it was under cygwin and probably <6.4. (Could not 
get insight 6.4 to build due to something about makeinfo.)
I will poke around a bit more. Any suggestions or help is appreciated.
-gene

diff -c -r1.1 ./insight-6.5/gdb/gdbtk/generic/gdbtk-varobj.c
*** ./insight-6.5/gdb/gdbtk/generic/gdbtk-varobj.c      2007/07/14 
18:33:59     1.1
--- ./insight-6.5/gdb/gdbtk/generic/gdbtk-varobj.c      2007/07/14 18:34:03
***************
*** 599,606 ****
   static void
   install_variable (Tcl_Interp *interp, char *name)
   {
!   Tcl_CreateObjCommand (interp, name, variable_obj_command,
!                       NULL, NULL);
   }
--- 599,606 ----
   static void
   install_variable (Tcl_Interp *interp, char *name)
   {
!   Tcl_CreateObjCommand (interp, name, gdbtk_call_wrapper,
!                       (ClientData) variable_obj_command, NULL);
   }



More information about the Insight mailing list