Parallel install insight 6.6 fails

Jie Zhang jzhang918@gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 16:21:00 GMT 2007


On 3/24/07, Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com> wrote:
> Jie Zhang wrote:
>
> >> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/insight-prs/2007-q1/msg00006.html
> >>
> > I finally got a fix for this parallel install bug. Where should I send
> > the patch, insight or itcl? Is there any copyright stuff I need do
> > before contributing to insight?
>
> You can attach the patch to the bug. I believe I am responsible for tcl
> et al in the repository. If the patch is relatively trivial, you don't
> need an assignment of any kind.
>
The insight bug database is not easy to use for me. So I attach the
patch in the email.

This patch only change 2 lines. So I think it's trivial. This patch
makes install-libraries target depend on installdirs target for itcl
and itk, which will ensure that $(ITCL_LIBRARY) directory is created
before install-libraries tries to install libraries in it.

> Do you know if this bug exists upstream at all? If you have the time, I
> would encourage you to investigate this.
>
I checked out the source code from
incrtcl.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/incrtcl. It seems this bug does
not exist. The itcl in insight is 5.5 year older than the upsteam...


Jie
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: insight-itcl-parallel-make-install.diff
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 1240 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://sourceware.org/pipermail/insight/attachments/20070323/067cf6e5/attachment.bin>


More information about the Insight mailing list