[WARN] Pending stop/idle/update/busy cleanups
Keith Seitz
keiths@cygnus.com
Wed Jun 13 12:52:00 GMT 2001
Hi,
I thought I would send out a warning that I am likely to break some
functions in Insight, so please be patient over the next week or so while
I attempt to clean things up a little.
You are likely to find that browsing the stack does not work, and probably
a few other things as well. Most of the things to break will be source
window-related, since that's where I've been doing most of the work.
Details:
As I have mentioned, I am adding an inferior stop event, which we can
finally get from core gdb. Many of these changes will depend on how long I
it takes to get approval from gdb people to add ui event notifications in
infrun.c, but with any luck, things should go relatively smoothly.
So, please be patient with me while I attempt to add some more robust
event handling. I've already managed to get rid of those nightmare procs
SrcWin::set_execution_status and gdb_target_has_execution (read: "we no
longer rely on inferior_p(t)id!") and done some global variable clean up.
No more SrcWin::state_hook, either. I hate traced variables.
My first focus will be getting things working "properly" with natives and
simulators, and then with a board.
Keith
More information about the Insight
mailing list