Separate preferences for native and cross debugger in Insight.

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Mon Jun 11 11:19:00 GMT 2001


>>>>> "Ton" == Ton van Overbeek <tvoverbe@cistron.nl> writes:

Ton> Thanks for the pointer to the 'sessions' code. It does solve part
Ton> of my original problem. However things like window layout, which
Ton> windows open, etc. are not saved in a 'session'.

Window layout is something I would like to see saved in a session (at
least optionally).  It has simply not been implemented yet.  I've done
most of the work on session saving in Insight.  However, I only rarely
actually do Insight hacking.  I'd say the session code gets a new
feature about every four months :-(.

Ton> So when running (as in my case) both the native cygwin gdb and a
Ton> cross gdb/insight under cygwin there is still a mix of
Ton> settings. Also a session (= mainly exec file, search paths, etc.)
Ton> for the native gdb is garbage for the cross and vice versa.

Good point.

One idea would be to have a different session list for each target, or
at least somehow annotate each particular session with the target
information.  That way a native debugger could know not to display a
session which was created by a cross debugger.

I believe this sort of change would be very easy to make.  It would
probably be localized entirely within session.tcl.

Ton> There is no entry in the on-line help for 'sessions'. If I get to
Ton> know it a little bit better I might find to some time to propose
Ton> an addition to the srcwin help about sessions.

I wasn't aware we had online help :-(.  Otherwise I would have updated
it.  Where is it kept?  I'd be happy to try to document sessions,
though I can't guarantee that I would get to it in the very near
future.

Tom



More information about the Insight mailing list