[PATCH] Add File->Close
Syd Polk
spolk@baritoneconsulting.com
Wed May 23 12:07:00 GMT 2001
If what you are doing is starting over with this executable, would
"Reset" be a better word?
On Wednesday, May 23, 2001, at 08:34 AM, Keith Seitz wrote:
> On Wed, 23 May 2001, Fernando Nasser wrote:
>
>>> Now that you mention it, "Close" does sound like a bad choice, but I
>>> don't really like "clear" either. How about something like "Close
>>> executable" or something more descriptive?
>>>
>>
>> You know why I came out with "Clear"? Because this is the name GDB
>> gives to it internally. The GDBLIB function is called "clear_file()".
>
> I don't see a "clear_file" in gdb. All I see our "gdb_clear_file" in
> generic/gdbtk-cmds.c. Is there a "standard" interface for this now that
> we
> should be using??
>
>> "Clear" is actually the standard name for this operation -- well, IBM
>> and MS standard at least (Jim: how is it at Apple?). It means
>> "emptying
>> your application of anything that is loaded in your 'document', i.e.
>> 'clearing' your "document"). "Document" is an abstract concept -- it
>> can be a spreadsheet for instance. In our case is what the debugger is
>> looking at.
>
> IBM and MS use "Clear"? I don't recall seeing that. But I guess clear
> will
> work, it is still less ambiguous than "close". I will change it and
> check
> in a change for the online docs, too. (Remember those? :-)
>
> In any case, if we don't like it, we can always change it!
> Keith
>
More information about the Insight
mailing list