Insight with 64bit architectures -- problem

John R. Moore jmoore@redhat.com
Wed Apr 4 14:25:00 GMT 2001


Well, the fix has lots of longs getting converted to long long's
and I still don't have it working perfectly... One can set
the breakpoint in the ASM window and it reflects up on the SRC,
but not the reverse. Also I note that the break point addresses
are all 32bit when they should be 64. I think I might have to
fix that first before everyone (SRC & ASM) is cahoots.

Comments anybody? Seen this before? Advise?

John

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, John R. Moore wrote:

>
> Ok, I wrote a strtoull and got the following to disappear,
> and selecting a line in the ASM code selects corresponding
> SRC, but not vice versa. Must be a different problem since
> I don't see the "integer value too large to represent".
>
> I'll find and fix the above before posting my [RFA].
>
> John
>
> On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, John R. Moore wrote:
>
> > Insighters,
> >
> > I've followed my problem into SetIntFromAny where I'm
> > passing the address 0xffffffffa0020154 and on line
> > 1730 of tcl/generic/tclObj.c we try to use
> >
> > strtoul()
> >
> > and output into a long .... well, we get -1 and the result
> > is
> >
> > "integer value too large to represent" (line 1748).
> >
> > The above breaks setting the break points at assembler lines
> > on 64bit architectures (with sign extension - MIPS) when
> > we set display of SRC+ASM (or ASM, etc...)
> >
> > Any suggestions here?  Time for a stroull() and change to
> > unsigned long long our value.
> >
> > John
> >
> >
> >
>
>



More information about the Insight mailing list