How to install the cygwin version of Insight in win98?
Keith Seitz
kseitz@firetalk.com
Wed Mar 15 05:31:00 GMT 2000
> Me in Reflection wrote:
>
> I would like to know how to install the cygwin build of Insight into
> an existing version of win98 with cygwin b20.1 installed, particularly
> about what directories to extract to and do I need extra things like
> an X-server. I tried to extract the files in a separate directory and
> it did not work. How can I start the program correctly? Please help as
> I was required to use a debugger for a major programming assignment
> and my computer cannot install Linux. I have to use Cygwin to fulfill
> the requirements.
Shouldnt be too big a deal. Note that the distribution from sourceware
is sources only. Look at the insight mailing list for pointers to
pre-built distributions which some of our readers have graciously
provided.
You do not need anything "special" to run Insight on Windows: it was all
built using (slightly modified) Tcl/Tk.
Keith
--
Why chat when you can Firetalk?
Firetalk ID: Keith (10320)
www.firetalk.com
More information about the Insight
mailing list