New routines for moving window statistics and filters

Patrick Alken alken@colorado.edu
Thu May 3 16:32:00 GMT 2018

Brian,

   Thanks for testing. gcc never complained about the void* arithmetic
so I didn't catch this error. I have replaced these lines by casting the
void pointers to unsigned char *, which should correct the issue. Can
you try out the latest git and let me know if it fixes the issue?

Due to the many different algorithms used in the moving statistics
module, I am trying to keep the size of the workspace smaller by reusing
the same workspace for the different algorithms. Therefore each moving
window algorithm initializes a void* workspace as needed, hence the
reason I am doing the pointer arithmetic.

It seems that by casting everything to unsigned char *, it should
conform to ansi C. I have tested it with strict compiler flags as well
as compiling under the C89 and C99 standard. Let me know if it works now.

Thanks,
Patrick