Feedback from GSL folks on libflame 4.0

Robert G. Brown rgb@phy.duke.edu
Wed Feb 24 11:31:00 GMT 2010

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010, Gerard Jungman wrote:

> KDE used something of this type, I think its called "am2cmake";
> you can google it up.

Thanks, I'll give it a try on my next project or when I have time to
monkey with a fork of my current ones.

> But, as somebody told me recently, it's
> hard to turn the soup back into vegetables.

Well, one would HOPE that the information entropy of a software tree was
a lot less than that of soup -- maybe even something like "zero" -- but
yeah, the problem is difficult all around.  Life would be so simple if
all of the other operating systems and distributions and hardware
environments but the one >>I<< work on would have the good grace to just
up and die...;-)

And it really is a lovely adage.  I'll have to keep that one in mind:-)

    rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb@phy.duke.edu