Feedback from GSL folks on libflame 4.0

Theodore Papadopoulo Theodore.Papadopoulo@sophia.inria.fr
Tue Feb 23 10:50:00 GMT 2010

On 02/22/2010 11:27 PM, Brian Gough wrote:
> At Fri, 19 Feb 2010 13:58:06 -0700,
> Gerard Jungman wrote:
>
>> You guys are missing the point. The question is not
>> "autotools or nothing" but "autotools or cmake".
>>
> As Robert says, it's a question of standardisation.  I have nothing
> against cmake, on a purely techical level it may be better but
> autotools is the defacto standard and that is worth more in practice.

Well, just to add my 2cents. The world is changing and cmake is becoming
very fast
the standard. Many projects have switched to it. One of the major
advantage is that
it works under windows out of the box...

I'm saying that all the more that I used to be an autotools convinced
guy (and not very statisfied
by cmake some time ago), but cmake is progressing rapidly. As said above
quite a few
opensource projects adopted it and it is taken into account in many
distro build system.

I can't believe I'm saying that, but it's true...

     All the best,

         Theo.