Feedback from GSL folks on libflame 4.0

Brian Gough bjg@gnu.org
Fri Feb 19 18:19:00 GMT 2010

At Thu, 18 Feb 2010 13:10:45 -0600,
Field G. Van Zee wrote:
> Notice that we only use autoconf, not automake or libtool. Why is
> using autoconf undesirable? We were trying to be good GNU software
> citizens when we designed the build system.

Thanks for using autoconf. I think it is a good thing.

As a maintainer, I also like automake and libtool because they
standardise the build process and reduce the amount of code I am
responsible for -- if there is a problem, I just pass it over to the
automake/libtool maintainers.  Automake's "make distcheck" is also a
nice feature.

--
Brian Gough

GNU Scientific Library -