gsl container designs

Tuomo Keskitalo Tuomo.Keskitalo@iki.fi
Wed Jan 6 12:04:00 GMT 2010

Hello,

On 11/25/2009 02:54 AM, Gerard Jungman wrote:

> Here are header files for a couple different approaches to containers.
> I didn't bother with any implementations; it seems obvious how to
> implement most of these functions.
>
> The designs are not complete, but they express most of
> the important stuff.

Your design 1 looks very interesting. I don't think your designs would
support banded and packed matrices, or would it? (see the last pages of
"Legacy BLAS: C Interface to the Legacy BLAS" at
http://www.netlib.org/blas/blast-forum/)

I could not think of anything why your design 1 would not work for me.
The index mapping is particularly elegant!

--
Tuomo.Keskitalo@iki.fi
http://iki.fi/tuomo.keskitalo