ode-initval implicit solvers and development

Brian Gough bjg@gnu.org
Fri May 8 10:51:00 GMT 2009

At Fri, 01 May 2009 17:06:09 +0300,
Tuomo Keskitalo wrote:
> What do you think about this? How do we proceed? I don't think that I
> will add any new functionality to my branch until I hear about the
> continuation.

As this involves a change to the API, namely in the gsl_odeiv_control
and gsl_odeiv_step_type struct it will need to be in a new major
version.

I'll make the 1.13 release next month, with bug fixes for 1.12 only,
and then incorporate the new odes and other changes so that we can go
to a 2.0 release.

Since the new implicit RK routines are more robust that the old ones,
I suggest we just update them in place so that we don't need the
alternate name imprk--just rkimp.

I put some minor changes in the branch origin/tuomo at
http://src.network-theory.com/gsl.git

--
Brian Gough