Conditional compilation based on GSL version

Brian Gough bjg@gnu.org
Mon Feb 23 19:54:00 GMT 2009

At Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:09:40 +0200 (EET),
M Joonas Pihlaja wrote:
> The specific situation I'm looking at is simply that GSL implemented
> missing complex vector operations in 1.12 which I'd like to export in
> my GSL <-> Lua minibinding.  Autoconf doesn't even know what Lua is,
> never mind what to do with it. :)

Ah, wrapping the whole library is a different case from what I was
thinking of--an application using some specific functions.

It could be useful to have those version numbers in the header but as
they aren't in any of the old ones I guess it is not really worth
adding them now.

Expanding GSL_VERSION using the C preprocessor on the gsl header file
is one way that doesn't require those package config scripts.

--
Brian Gough