constants update

Jochen Küpper jochen@fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Sun Jan 6 23:15:00 GMT 2008

Hi Everybody,

the new CODATA 2006 values are published! It would be great if someone
would be willing to spend the time to update
   const/calc-units-update.el
to implement the current "official" values in GSL. At the moment these
are essentially at CODATA 1998, and they were updated last in 2002.

My apologies that I do not implement it myself, I am simply to busy
these days. I hope someone else is up to the task and I, at least,
would really appreciate it!

The current values can be found in the article
   CODATA Recommended Values of the Fundamental Physical Constants: 2006
on the arXiv:
   http://arxiv.org/abs/0801.0028
and at
   physics.nist.gov/constants
Maybe one could even utilize the TeX code of the arXiv submission?

A related question: Are there people around who would be interested to
include atomic/isotopic weights as constants in GSL?

Greetings,
Jochen
         Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll