Let C++ always use inline functions (patch)

Brian Gough bjg@network-theory.co.uk
Mon Jun 12 15:27:00 GMT 2006

Jochen Küpper writes:
 > It replaces the old test for "HAVE_INLINE" by a test for that macro
 > /or/ C++:
 > ,----
 > | -#ifdef HAVE_INLINE
 > | +#if (defined HAVE_INLINE) || (defined __cplusplus)
 > `----
 >
 > This is ok, as a C++ compiler is required by the standard to handle
 > "inline".

Good point, I hadn't really thought about that.  A few questions:

- what does the C++ standard say about "extern inline" compared with "inline"
- is it affected by the extern "C" { .. } around these definitions
- have you tried this on any other compilers

--
Brian Gough

Network Theory Ltd,
Publishing Free Software Manuals --- http://www.network-theory.co.uk/