gsl_quaternion proposition

Robert G. Brown rgb@phy.duke.edu
Wed May 24 22:28:00 GMT 2006

On Wed, 24 May 2006, Brian Gough wrote:

> PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel writes:
> > > It's easier for me to link to extensions from the GSL webpage, then
> > > people can update them independently without me being involved.
> >
> > Ok but I have no personnal homepage to put my extension.
> > Is it possible to grant a CVS access just in one directory ?
>
> Google and Yahoo offer free webspace, probably others too.  Having
> tried out various methods, I honestly think this is the best way as it
> is the simplest.  CVS doesn't do per-directory access control and is
> just not really designed for security.

Although subversion IS designed to provide securable access to online
source repositories.  I use both pretty extensively, but I'm using SVN
for all new stuff and am gradually doing cvstosvn on old repos as I
return to the projects (which works "well enough").

FWIW,

    rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb@phy.duke.edu