new testing version 1.7.90

Jochen Küpper jochen@fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Thu Mar 23 18:11:00 GMT 2006

Brian Gough <bjg@network-theory.co.uk> writes:

> I'm preparing a new release... please try it out and post back
> what platforms it works or doesn't work on. Thanks.

I've tried cvs-HEAD on several Linux platforms (Pentium4 and AMD
Opteron) running Fedora Core 3/4, SuSe Enterprise Server 9, using
gcc-3.3, gcc-4.0, and gcc-4.1.

make && make check runs successfully on all of them.

As a side-remark: On the Opterons using gcc-4 I get many of the
following warning messages:
,----
| ../../../source/gsl/linalg/test.c:489: warning: \
| format '%3d' expects type 'int', but argument 2 has type 'size_t'
`----

Thank you for continued work on GSL!

Greetings,
Jochen
        (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)