new methode to initialize nm_simplex

Alxneit-Kamber Ivo ivo.alxneit@psi.ch
Mon Mar 20 08:32:00 GMT 2006

Am Freitag, den 17.03.2006, 16:13 +0000 schrieb Brian Gough:
> Ivo Alxneit-Kamber writes:
>  > i fear you missunderstood (maybe my comments were not really sufficient)
>  > or i do not really get your point here.
>  >

> Just that you don't need to modify the API if your algorithm only
> needs an initial scalar step instead of a vector -- use the magnitude
> of the vector (and ignore the direction if necessary, or put it to
> some use).  That fits the existing API.

ok, done so (plus your previous remarks)
- supplied own (vax) random number generator.
- API kept (old initializer still supported).
- updated test case. both initializer are tested now.
- updated documentation (brian, could you please have a look at the
  language).

--
Dr. Ivo Alxneit
Laboratory for Solar Technology   phone: +41 56 310 4092