r250 --> r1270?

Heiko Bauke heiko.bauke@physik.uni-magdeburg.de
Mon Feb 13 15:49:00 GMT 2006

Hi,

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 16:22:05 +0100 (CET)
"H. G. Katzgraber" <katzgraber@phys.ethz.ch> wrote:

> I have noticed that in the random number generator selection
> you list r250. Would it be possible to add r1279? It is
> almost as fast as r250, yet r250 is known to give wrong
> results.

all generators of the lagged fibonacci type with xor, addition or
subtraction do have the same statistical defects [1]. For that reason
r1270 will give wrong results in all MC simulations where r250 is known
to give wrong results. It just takes a little bit longer (in terms of
MC steps).

	Heiko

[1] http://de.arxiv.org/abs/cond-mat/0307138

--
-- Ich habe ein einfaches Rezept, um fit zu bleiben -
-- Ich laufe jeden Tag Amok. (Hildegard Knef)