Patch to define GSL_SF_FACT_NMAX and GSL_SF_DOUBLEFACT_NMAX

Jonathan G. Underwood j.underwood@open.ac.uk
Mon Oct 10 10:14:00 GMT 2005

Hi

The attached patch exports the following two macros:

GSL_SF_FACT_NMAX
GSL_SF_DOUBLEFACT_NMAX

which define the maximum values of n such that gsl_sf_fact(n) and
gsl_sf_doublefact(n) do not over flow. Macros were internally defined
for this previously, but not exported or exported or named consistently
with other macros. Since gsl has the equivalent GSL_SF_GAMMA_XMAX for
gsl_sf_gamma, I think we should define these macros as they are useful
from a user perspective, and it makes for consistency for the functions
related to the gamma function. Also, this patch adds an #undef
LogRootTwoPi_ for gamma.c, as it was never meant to be exported
(cosmetic). The patch also documents the changes.

Jonathan.

Dr Jonathan Underwood

The Department of Physics and Astronomy
The Open University