GSL for Windows (ha, ha, ha)

Jacek Pliszka pliszka@fuw.edu.pl
Tue Mar 16 09:59:00 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 21:33, Ralph R. Peters wrote:

> Is there any particular reason its nearly impossible to compile GSL for
> windows using cl??  In my opinion, this isn't very bright if you wish to
> have as wide an audience as possible!!

There was a discussion a short time ago with the link to ATLAS project
FAQ.

IMO the goal is not to have the widest audience but to have the most
contributing audience.

Also Windows is not for free,
VC++ is not for free so why can't someone pay a bit for the CD ?

BR,

Jacek

P.S. I am slowly working on multidimensional Brent - but code is still
an ugly ALGOL2C human-powered translation.