Possible Bug in linalg/balance.c

Aaron Schweiger aschweig@bu.edu
Sat Feb 21 20:21:00 GMT 2004

I encountered a hang while using multi linear fitting.  I loaded up gdb and
successfully traced the hang to linalg/balance.c.  What I found was that s =
gsl_blas_dasum(&A_j.vector) was returning an infinity, and thus the code in
linalg/balance.c (in particular the while loop on lines 63-67) would run
indefinitely, causing the code to hang.  I am not an expert on this
particular code - so I am a bit hesitant to make a correction.  Suggestions?
I am using mingw/gcc 3.2.3.

I don't yet have a small piece code to isolate the bug.