newbie - make check for eigen fail

c w mdm_green@msn.com
Thu Mar 20 05:36:00 GMT 2003

Hi,
I'm new to linux and gsl at the same time. I am trying to install gsl to my
home directory at my uni's server. I managed to get to the make but then
when I do make check the test failed in directory called eigen. It said the
the hermit (or something like that) didn't give the answer it's expected
(nan when the expected one was 0). I tried by deleting eigen and its library
from the Makefile.am and everything worked fine until I tried the example
for the matrices. It said undefined reference to gsl_matrix_alloc. I also
have tried it with bessel function and this one worked fine.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong?  Thanks!