trouble with autogen.sh from cvs

Achim Gädke Achim.Gaedke@physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Jan 30 13:21:00 GMT 2003

Martin Jansche wrote:

>In my experience it's not just libtool.  For me it works with libtool
>1.4.3, automake 1.4 and autoconf 2.13, but breaks with automake 1.6 or
>1.7, or with autoconf 2.50.

Ok, with newest automake and autoconf it breaks... Here are the last
lines from my error messages...

vector/Makefile.am:1: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
vector/Makefile.am:1:
vector/Makefile.am:1: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add
`AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
vector/Makefile.am:1: to `configure.in' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf'
again.
configure.in:37: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
See the Autoconf documentation.

What versions are officially supported? Is someone willing to upgrade?

Achim