gsl 1.3 and MAC OSX

Andrea Riciputi ariciputi@pito.com
Wed Jan 15 18:00:00 GMT 2003

On Wednesday, Jan 15, 2003, at 11:33 Europe/Rome, Attilio Rivoldini
wrote:

> Is there a way to build the reference manual from the files in the doc
> folder? I tried the following but it didn't work:
> (all the tex and latex stuff is of course installed)

Following your hint, I tried to run texi2dvi from within the source
gsl-1.3/doc/ directory. It seems to work, but I got the following error
message at the end:

> Output written on gsl-ref.dvi (452 pages, 1852828 bytes).
> texindex: ./gsl-ref.cp: not a texinfo index file
> /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/texi2dvi: line 605:
> 22296 Segmentation fault      $texindex $index_files 2>&5 1>&2
> /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/texi2dvi: texindex
> exited with bad status, quitting.

What does it mean?

Anyway gsl-ref.dvi was created and it seems to be complete and after
the dvips-ps2pdf dance I've got a good looking pdf file.

Thanks,
Andrea.

---
Andrea Riciputi

"Science is like sex: sometimes something useful comes out,
   but that is not the reason we are doing it" -- (Richard Feynman)