gcc-3.2.1 installation error ; was:Re: installation error occurs for 'make check'

Axel Hutt hutt@wias-berlin.de
Tue Jan 7 10:51:00 GMT 2003

Dear Pedro,

> if i remember the release notes for gcc 3.2 correctly, it's a compiler
> bug. i compiled and "make check"ed on a linux system with gcc 3.2 and
> everything worked fine.
I tried that, but installing gcc 3.2.1 an error occured at the
'make'-level:

msgfmt -o de.mo
/home/unix/stat/hutt/software/gcc-3.2.1/libstdc++-v3/po/de.po
usage: msgfmt [ -dv ] [ - ] [ name ... ]
de.mo: No such file or directory

I guess, my msgfmt is too old. Do you know where to get a new version?
An extended search on the web was not succesful.

Axel

--
Dr.Axel Hutt
Weierstraß-Institut for Applied Analysis and Stochastics