FW: make check failures

Brian Gough bjg@network-theory.co.uk
Thu Oct 31 00:22:00 GMT 2002

Zachary, Andrew [FI] writes:
 > > I'm using gsl 1.2 on a sun ultra-sparc II running solaris 5.6p4.xb
 > > The compiler is Sun Workshop 6, update 1 C 5.2. Options
 > > were CFLAGS="-Xc -xO2" (ansi + mild-optimization.)
 > > FAIL: gsl_acosh(1.1) (115800 observed vs. 0.44356... expected)
 > > Please let me know what, if anything, I might try to fix this problem.

Thanks for the bug report. In config.h try commenting out the line

#define HAVE_LOG1P 1

and running make clean; make

I believe the configure script is finding a log1p() in the system math
library but the prototype is not included due to the ansi compiler
option.  This is a problem with the current configure script.