Possible bug in gsl_matrix (GSL 1.0)

Hamish Rose h.rose@phys.canterbury.ac.nz
Fri Jun 14 14:01:00 GMT 2002

gsl_matrix seems to interact badly with the profiling functions in gcc.

When compiling the first matrices example program in the documentation (or
any program that includes gsl/gsl_matrix.h) I get a segmentation fault
before entering main().

ggc -v gives:
  gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.1 2.96-85)

Compiler command is
  gcc -g -pg -o mtest mtest.c  -lgsl -lgslcblas -lm

Putting the following 3 lines before #include <gsl/gsl_matrix.h> prevents
the problem, but I'm afraid I'm not knowledgeable enough to track it further.
#define __GSL_MATRIX_INT_H__
#define __GSL_MATRIX_UINT_H__
#define __GSL_MATRIX_LONG_H__

--
 Hamish Rose
 To send me encrypted email, you'll need my PGP Public Key Block from