test failures on SP4/AIX5

Daniel Rohe d.rohe@fkf.mpg.de
Mon Apr 22 12:48:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

we've build gsl-1.1.1 on an SP4 running AIX5 using xlc as well as gcc
and we get the following failures doing 'make check':

xlc:

PASS: float x = NaN, exponent is 128 (128 observed vs 128 expected)
PASS: float x = NaN, type is NAN (1 observed vs 1 expected)
/bin/sh: 34814 Segmentation fault(coredump)
FAIL: test
1 of 1 tests failed

Stop.

Stop.

Stop.

gcc:

see attached file. most errors are tolerance related, however some
deviations from the expected results are at least considerable.