Citing GSL?

Mark Galassi rosalia@lanl.gov
Thu Mar 9 02:45:00 GMT 2000

    > Brett Viren writes:
    >> Since I used GSL routines to get my final result, I would like
    >> to give some credit and cite GSL in my thesis.  Is there a
    >> preferred reference to use, such as a preprint or other
    >> publication?

    Brian> There is no publication to cite at the moment, only the
    Brian> website url.

That's correct, but you can still make the citation quite
formal-looking and the GSL authors can add it to their citation index
anyway :-)

PS: Brett, I finished my PhD in Physics at Stony Brook in 1992 and I
also had great praise for free software and its developers in the
acknowledgement of my dissertation.  Who's your advisor?