download problem

Jim Kingdon kingdon@redhat.com
Wed Mar 8 13:13:00 GMT 2000

> Nothing in particular--just general usage, from the looks of it.

Right, it was busy today but not particularly more than usual as far
as I know.

The limit of 30 FTP users is likely to remain, or even become smaller,
for the near future (although there is one hardware upgrade we're
planning, I don't have a clear idea of how much it will help) - people
are going to need to get in the habit of using a mirror.

> There were ~8 dead hung ftpd connections (we accumulate one of
> these every few days) which I've killed off.  That should help a
> bit.

Jason, how do I detect this situation?  I'm sure there is a relatively
quick way to find them (some variation on "ps | grep ftp | see who is
oldest") but it isn't self-evident, so I'd like to document it.