GPL or LGPL
Fri Feb 25 16:16:00 GMT 2000
Hi people! I love your feedback, and it has been very helpful in many
senses. I'm thinking out many ideas. So first: THANK Y'ALL!
1) It was very stupid to "suggest" that I could do propietary software
linking to your libraries.
2) Free software is definitely a source of joy and pleasure for all of us.
3) I really appreciate your effort doing these libraries available for the
Going back to my project.
1) I think that the revenue I can get from selling it would be ridiculous.
2) making my program propietary would mean that I should do it alone, by
myself. I'm not sure if I would be able to do what I want (a masterpiece,
in the state of the art) wihtout contributions from the open source
3) In consecuence, I am doing it GPL! I think that we can make of it a
wonderful application, freely available for all the community.
This is why:
1) To whomever is interested, I am the author of an extension of the GTK
libraries for scientific applications. If particular you would eventually
be interested in taking a look at gtkplot
( http://magnet.fsu.edu/~feiguin/gtk )
2) The GUI for my program is pretty advanced, and I would be able to
release a pre-pre-pre-alpha version in few days. These includes all
features for 2D graphics, PS output, and a beautiful control panel.
3) I am posting a call for contributors for a parser and a lizard for the
data analysis tool. To those who are interested I started working on a
webpage: http://magnet.fsu.edu/~feiguin/scigraphica .
Thank you again.
More information about the Gsl-discuss