determinant.

Gerard Jungman jungman@lanl.gov
Sun Jan 23 00:13:00 GMT 2000

ali@scam.xcf.berkeley.edu wrote:

> Hi. I can't seem to find a general routine for computing determinants or
> inverses of a matrix in gsl. I'm also shocked to see that BLAS doesn't
> provide a determinant.

The determinant is a nearly useless object for numerical linear algebra.

libgsleigen provides one method for inversion, jacobi iteration:

int
gsl_eigen_invert_jacobi_impl(const gsl_matrix * matrix,
                             gsl_matrix * ainv,
                             unsigned int max_rot);

It may not have made it into the documentation yet.

--
G. Jungman