[Bug libc/24017] New: How to make glibc2.27 to work with Linux Kernel 2.6.32 on mips

vasudevapavankumar at gmail dot com sourceware-bugzilla@sourceware.org
Fri Dec 21 11:06:00 GMT 2018


https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=24017

            Bug ID: 24017
           Summary: How to make glibc2.27 to work with Linux Kernel 2.6.32
                    on mips
           Product: glibc
           Version: 2.27
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P2
         Component: libc
          Assignee: unassigned at sourceware dot org
          Reporter: vasudevapavankumar at gmail dot com
                CC: drepper.fsp at gmail dot com
  Target Milestone: ---

Hi,
I want to use GlibC 2.27 on Linux Kernel 2.6.32 on mips ( octeon II)
architecture and failed.
I know this is not a supported combination but I am forced to use such
combination as the same works on x86.

I even suppressed the check for arch_minimum_kernel to be 3.2 and I also used
--enable-kernel=2.6.32.
Still the binaries linking to glibc 2.27 are crashing at different places.

I tried to revert patch which does "Consolidate Linux select implementation"
(commit id:26f28fd73d20df8847d93f88b6e2a7bd3bd9bf51 ) and had some luck to
proceed further but soon it crashed in memcpy(). 

I understood that I cannot keep on reverting commits like this, so I wonder if
there is a way to make Glibc 2.27 to work with 2.6.32 kernel on mips.

Regards,
Vasudev

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.


More information about the Glibc-bugs mailing list