[Bug localedata/14095] Review / update collation data from Unicode / ISO 14651
maiku.fabian at gmail dot com
sourceware-bugzilla@sourceware.org
Thu Dec 14 16:58:00 GMT 2017
https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=14095
--- Comment #9 from Mike FABIAN <maiku.fabian at gmail dot com> ---
(In reply to joseph@codesourcery.com from comment #8)
> I expect reviewing the sources of and past changes to collation data, and
> writing suitable scripts to reproduce it from old upstream data /
> regenerate it from new upstream data, taking due account of any deliberate
> differences, to be substantially more work than the update of other data
> from Unicode was.
I am actually working on an update, but it is indeed not easy at all
and a lot of work.
https://www.iso.org/standard/68309.html
has a newer version of ISO/IEC 14651:2016
downloadable from:
http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/index.html
And one can download this:
http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/c068309_ISO_IEC_14651_2016_Electronic_inserts.zip
Which contains a file named
ISO14651_2015_TABLE1_en.txt
which can be used as an update for our
localedata/locales/iso14651_t1_common file
But the collation symbols in the new file have changed a lot
and many adaptations in LC_COLLATE in many of our locales
are necessary, many of them a bit complicated.
I think this is the right way to go though, and I made
good progress so far, so I am quite confident now that
I can do this.
--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.
More information about the Glibc-bugs
mailing list