[Bug malloc/19431] Deadlock between fflush, getdelim, and fork
prumpf at gmail dot com
sourceware-bugzilla@sourceware.org
Tue Jan 5 17:51:00 GMT 2016
https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=19431
--- Comment #1 from prumpf at gmail dot com ---
Would that lose us the ability to use external malloc() implementations based
on our default malloc()?
I'm not happy with the rather complicated fix at bug 16742, which introduces
atfork handler priorities, but IIRC providing an API for external malloc()s
rather than explicitly calling into the malloc code from within fork was part
of the reason. I'm not objecting to your solution at all, but I think we
should make it clear in the documentation if the internal malloc()
implementation becomes the only malloc() it is safe to use during fork()s.
Thanks for looking into this!
--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.
More information about the Glibc-bugs
mailing list