Broken documentation URLs

Joel Brobecker brobecker@adacore.com
Sat Oct 28 16:13:23 GMT 2023

> On Fri, 2023-10-13 at 15:08 +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > As far as I know the onlinedocs are generated by the gdbadmin
> > through the /home/gdbadmin/ss/update-web-docs script.
> > See the /home/gdbadmin/ss/update-web-docs/HOWTO

Correct.

> > I think this script would be responsible for creating a symlink or
> > redirect.
> >
> > I just don't know what the official procedure is for updating that
> > script or how it is run (through a cronjob?)
> >
> > Joel do you know?

It's a script inside a (hum) CVS repository. Typically, when I need
to make changes, I simply make them there, and then commit under CVS.

I don't really know why things changed. We're using texinfo provided
by the sourceware system, and according to a comment I inserted in
the script, it was version 6.5, and checking now things haven't change
as it's still version 6.5. The ss scripts themselves haven't changed
either, so it must be something in the binutils-gdb repository.
That would be my guess.

--
Joel